From Year 1 onwards our learners are involved in Pupil Voice Groups. They are mixed class groups who meet to discuss, share their opinions and have their input into a range of school matters.
They reviewed our Cornerstone Rules. These rules are linked to our school Values, and help the children think about how to show Love, Forgiveness and Hope. They generated many interesting and inspiring suggestions.
They spent time discussing, what makes an Inspirational Learner?
They reviewed our school’s Learning Powers and our Growth Mindset approach.
They then reviewed their ideas in our Teaching for Learning policy and came up with a Top Ten list.
They also discussed what makes leaders inspirational, and considered how we can all be leaders that inspire others.
- Who are leaders?
- How do they lead?
- How do they set a good role model?
- What makes them inspirational?
They discussed Playtimes and Lunchtimes:
- What they like and don’t like
- How people feel at different times
- Ideas for a Playground Pact
They also discussed Learning Powers, Learning Quests and the Five Moments:
- Why and how are Learning Powers helpful
- What works well about Learning Quests and how they could be further improved
- Why are the Five Moments and the class Special Book important
- How they would define the Five Moments for themselves