The pupils, staff and governors of Cornerstone CE Primary school are excited to be moving to a brand new, purpose built permanent school in September 2021. This will be situated on Bluebell Way in the North Whiteley development, approximately half a mile from Whiteley Shopping Centre.
As well as 21 modern and spacious classrooms the building will include:
- 2 Halls for PE, performances and Collective Worships
- An extensive Learning Hub (Library with computers and iPads)
- A Studio room for music, dance and drama with green screen capability
- A Food and Computing Technology room
The grounds of the school will provide:
- An extensive outdoor Discovery Area for the Reception classes
- Separate playground areas for running games, ball games and quieter areas for reading / seated games
- Two large playing fields
- An allotment area
- A green perimeter of bushes and mature trees
Please see below letters from Mr Clarke about the relocation process and the organisation of the school in the New Build:
Please see below an interactive picture which shares information about different sections of the building and site:
If you are considering applying for a place for your child please watch the following Welcome to Cornerstone video.
The building of the new school commenced in May 2020. You can view the progress of the project and gain an insight into what the school will look like inside by watching the following videos: