From Year 1 onwards our learners are involved in Pupil Voice Groups. They are mixed class groups who meet to discuss, share their opinions and have their input into a range of school matters.
During the academic year 2016-2017 they discussed:
- What makes a great lesson for them
- What would be the ingredients for a recipe of a great lesson they would give to staff
- Feedback to staff on how Feedback could be better for their learning
During the academic year 2015-2016 they discussed:
- What is great about Cornerstone and what could be improved?
- Designed possible superhero characters for our school Learning Values
- Shared and played a wider range of games that could be played at lunchtimes
In the summer term of 2016 they discussed what they think an ‘Inspirational Learning Community’ is and shared examples of how at Cornerstone we help inspire each other to learn and improve.
During the academic year 2014-2015 they discussed:
Learning and what makes a great learner. (These ideas are now part of the school’s Teaching for Learning policy).
School rules. Why do we have them and what should they be? (These ideas have been developed into the new Cornerstone Rules)