We are delighted to share the highly complimentary report from our Ofsted inspection in May 2015. We are proud that our achievements so far were recognised and celebrated, in particular the qualities and positive behaviours of the children and the hard working professional approach of the staff. We also appreciated the numerous positive comments in each section of the report.
We were judged to be Good overall. However in the Leadership of Early Years and Safety across the school we were judged as Outstanding. To view the report please click on the following link: Cornerstone Ofsted Report May 2015
Some of the positives highlighted were:
- “This is a happy school where pupils achieve well in terms of their personal, as well as academic development”
- “From the very enthusiastic way children rush into class in the morning and the extremely positive comments of parents and staff, it is obvious that children feel safe and have a love of learning”
- “The school’s very positive ethos reflects its Christian aims. Pupils are growing up as responsible caring young people.”
- “Pupils make good progress because they are well taught. They behave well and their attitudes towards learning are consistently positive”
- “Arrangements to ensure pupils are safe and well cared for are outstanding.”
- “The behaviour of the pupils is typically at least good. For much of the time in and around the school it is outstanding”
- “The school is extremely popular with parents…They have a high level of confidence in the quality of teaching and the care on offer”
- “The leadership of early years provision is outstanding. Children…are introduced to the joy of learning”
- “Ongoing improvements to teaching and learning…are underpinned by accurate self-evaluation and effective assessment”
- “The school is effectively and efficiently run. The headteacher leads by example. His vision and ambition for the growth of the school are shared by governors, staff and parents”
Please click on Cornerstone Ofsted Report May 2015 to read the full report.